Sunday, September 12, 2021

Dividend Update August 2021

 


IF YOU WANT TO VIEW THE PORTFOLIO PLEASE CLICK THE "PORTFOLIO TAB" ABOVE



What's up guys, welcome back to the Dividend Mascot blog aka the realist dude in the game. As I said last month I'm making some major changes to the Roth IRA. This account will collect a lot of dust moving forward, so before I leave it alone to solely work on my secret project with the Taxable account. I'm going to clean it up, reduce the number the holdings by taking out a bunch of stuff I don't care about anymore. Here is the quota for the Roth IRA.............better performance (capital gains) & better dividend growth (higher CAGR). So upfront I sold out of 5 positions and reinvested the lump sum plus added capital out of pocket into my original holdings that have performance/dividend growth better than the stocks I sold out of. Any boring dividend growth stocks that make that quota stays grandfathered in, like Johnson & Johnson or Pepsi. As far as moving forward I'm ONLY INTERESTED in my single picks on my very strict watchlist. Don't worry I'm not going to tease you about it for a long time, new stocks will be revealed into the Taxable account once I'm done with the major changes in the Roth IRA. before I continue with this discussion scroll the dividend income. 






Roth IRA



Total: $96.07







Taxable Account



Total: $38.21







Grand Total: $134.28

YoY: 6.4%

Purchases: 32 shares of PG, 38 shares of O & 1 share of MCD

Sells: All shares of T, GIS, VWOB, VNQ, & LNT



So as you can tell Procter & Gamble will be one of my solid core holdings in the Roth IRA. from a total return/ dividend growth perspective PG is waaaaaaay better than almost all of the sells you see above. LNT (Alliant Energy) was alright I just wasn't interested in the business, and I rather own a ton of something I know very well. So my analysis for selling all those is......................goodbye. That's all I have to say about that, let's focus on stocks that are going to grow our wealth. Ok so here's the plan, I'll buy like 15+ shares of (CLX) Clorox (to at least maintain the dividend income), and then ill set up an automatic deposit towards my Roth IRA so I can continue to make changes slowly over time while heavily investing into my Taxable account. So I can start buying my new picks that ill be adding. Some of these stocks are moving a little bit too fast so I'm going to be making my moves quick. Like, think of this................ I'm working on a secret project in my garage, I have a 1999 red Evo Lancer set on jack stands, and I'm doing a 1,000+ horsepower complete rebuild. Currently installing a twin-turbo setup, rebuilding the engine from the inside out. Installing a lowered suspension, straight pipe, open headers................ it's just a metaphor for what's to come for the taxable account. Here's another hint........at least 4 of my picks in the watchlist has outperformed Apple in the last 10 years..........btw if it's not obvious by now Apple is on that strict watchlist. I use AAPL as a benchmark, like how everyone else uses the S&P 500 as their benchmark. There are a few exceptions for qualifying for the watchlist but ill go deeper into all that stuff when I buy into my new picks in the Taxable account. You'll hear more about it in like 2 months. Apple will be one of the last ones I add to the Taxable account, because once AAPL is added...............that's it. There's nothing else I'll be interested in buying, at least for the next few years. Everything else that people bring up in these Facebook groups will always underperform the strict picks I put together. I cut out the BS and look at the actual numbers behind the business.........I don't give a dam if it's a dividend king or a mega brand. Hear this........I have a trucking/ freight logistics High growth dividend stock that has outperformed FedEx & UPS in both capital gains and dividend growth in the last 10 years, and with the aggressive growth in revenues year or year, there's a very high chance that it will continue to dominate in performance over those two giants moving forward. That's how I do single stock investing fellas, no BS just straight money. #High Growth/High Dividend Raises




So that's it for this, just a short update nothing special........just straight money. Hope you guys enjoyed and ill see you guys next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment