Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Dividend Update September 2020


 
Alright, guys.......well I'm just going to start this off by saying that September of 2020 was just......weird. Hitting $383.06 ($375+) for the 3rd quarter and $1,073.58 ($1,000+) for the year so far in dividends was great, but the month itself was just felt empty. Guys this is literally the first month of my life where I didn't invest any capital. During all the crazy market fluctuations (especially for the DOW) I was just snoring in bed 😴😴😴. On top of that, I got me some Taco Bell and watched a ton of anime on Netflix (re-watching Hunter x Hunter if you were wondering 😉). Basically, I'm just speculating the market. I'm still working my extra hours as usual, not as intense as last month though. I'm at $2,100 currently in my savings plan to $5,000. Once that's done then I'm back in the game. Like, think of this guys.......I knew about investing and compound interest before I even walked into my first job interview.  So looking back into the past, I grew up into adulthood already knowing about compound interest and the possibilities of hitting 7 to 8 figures by full retirement. So having all of this information so deep-rooted into my life, I never understood what it was like to not have investing included in my life.

Anyways I had a few very interesting questions from last month's update. So I'm just going to answer them on this blog. "Whos your target audience with this?" Well, all I can say is that with this blog, I'm telling a story. (A badass one if you ask me) Your watching someone on $12.67/hr building massive amounts of wealth. I think any kind of audience would love to watch that. This blog is more like a hybrid mix of like 85% about my adventures in dividend growth investing and the leftover 15% is like a life vlog. Can't tell a great story if I don't include updates on what's going on in my life right? I always keep it real on here. I'll discuss more on the other question's below and also as a bonus ......the one and only AT&T holding lol. Alright so let's scroll through the dividend income.   




Roth IRA


Total: $92.07






Taxable Account



Total: $39.30


Grand Total: $131.37 

YoY: 29.44%

Purchases: N/A (first time........ever)


It's a really good feeling knowing that I made $131.37 in passive income while playing Grand Theft Auto 5 online on my Xbox. So since I didn't invest anything this month. This blog update is just going to be a big discussion. (Getting comfortable on my couch as I'm typing this on my phone) So first I'll answer another question. "What's the point of this blog?" There are actually multiple reasons, obviously to document my story in dividend growth investing (with a lot of creativity\ imagination with describing my determination), to show brand new investors that anything is possible, and best for last is to give the retirees a good show to watch. Recap from last month, a young man on his way to his first $100,000 in his 20s. Think that's the best way I can answer that question. 


Another topic that keeps popping is the infamous AT&T.  So what are my plans with (T)? Once I hit 100 shares that's it. I'll let it compound within my Roth IRA for the rest of my life, I have WAAAAAY better-performing stocks on my mind to add more capital towards. As a matter of fact, I haven't bought not one single share this year, DRIP has been doing that for me. AT&T is more of like a pension plan for my 59.5-year-old self in the future. It's nothing fancy just a really really FAT check coming in every quarter. Every stock should have its purpose. As for better-performing stocks I already have 3 GROWTH STOCKS in mind, that has a tiny dividend with a massive yearly dividend growth, which will be added to my taxable account once I max out my ROTH IRA contribution. The 3 growth stocks are (???), (???), and (???).......... (I got ya lol) it will be my little secret until I actually purchase them 😜. There's your cliff hanger for next year. 



Alright, guys I hope that clears up a lot of the confusion behind this blog. I'll also be giving more life updates as I get closer to my trucking career. Once I get my hands on that higher income, this story is going to be a blast. Anyway, guys hope you guys did well for the month, and ill see you guys next time. 



1 comment:

  1. Hi! Congratulations! We are well on our way to $ 150 in revenue. This year, a little joked about us, however, more and more companies are starting to recover and pay the dividend again, we have to live with it and keep making purchases. (Next year, I’ll also consider that sometimes I’d rather not buy anything rather than collect the free money in my account).

    ReplyDelete